D-Link router enables you to change the 802.11 mode on your dlink router. This article will help you to perform step by step process to change the 802.11 mode on your dlink router. The d link login page helps to open the setup wizard and perform the router’s configuration and facilitates other features as well.
Steps to change the 802.11 mode on dlink router
- Connect your wireless device to the dlink router and launch an internet browser. Enter http://dlinkrouter or http://dlinkrouter.local or http://192.168.0.1 into the URL bar of the browser and press enter.
- This will open the admin login page for your dlink router. Fill the username and password fields with the values. The default username is Admin and password needs to be left blank. But if you had changed the default value then enter those values.
- At the top of the portal you can see some tabs, click the Setup tab and navigate to the Wireless Settings present on the left side. Click Wireless Settings button.
- This will open some wireless setting options, click on the Manual Wireless Network Setup present at the bottom of the page.
- Under the Wireless Network Settings you can choose your desired 802.11 Mode (2.4GHz band and 5 GHz band are each set the same way but 5GHz has a and ac instead of b and g).
You can choose based on below description:
- 11b only – To connect only wireless devices compatible with 802.11b.
- 11g only – To connect only wireless devices compatible with 802.11g.
- 11n only – To connect only wireless devices compatible with 802.11n.
- Mixed 802.11g and 802.11b – To connect only wireless devices compatible with 802.11g or 802.11b.
- Mixed 802.11n and 802.11g – To connect only wireless devices compatible with 802.11n or 802.11g.
- Mixed 802.11n, 802.11g and 802.11b (default) – To connect wireless devices compatible with 802.11n, 802.11g and 802.11b.