Updating firmware for your Dlink router is always a good idea if you want to make sure that your Dlink router is working accurately. Firmware file will help you to make sure that your dlink router is updated for the available updates. We are going to explain the simple steps for updating the firmware file for your dlink router.
- You will need to download the latest firmware for your Dlink router. you can download the firmware for your dlink router from the official website for dlink routers.
- After downloading the firmware file for dlink router you will need to login to your Dlink wireless router using http://dlinkrouter.local address.
- Click on the “Tools” tab and then go for the “Firmware” option. You will need to click on the “Browse” button and select the firmware file you have downloaded.
- After selecting the file you will need to click on the open option.
- Now, click on upgrade option and your firmware file will start updating. Make sure not to disturb the firmware update process.
- Your firmware will be updated within few minutes and you should reboot dlink router after firmware update completes.
These are the steps for managing the firmware file for your dlink router. Experts always suggest to update the firmware for file for dlink router whenever possible.